Here are a few delicious meals that I personally go to when I’m pressed for time and cover all the nutrients you need.
Beetroot, Chicken and Potato Salad
1 chicken Breast
70ml sweet Soy Sauce
1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsb grated ginger
1 cooked beetroot
100g peeled baby potatoes
50g green beans
2g freshly chopped mint leaves
1 tbsp toasted almonds
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Chop chicken breast into cubes and mix soy sauce, sesame and ginger.
- Slice beetroot into thin matchsticks. Place in a large bowl.
- Cook the potatoes in salted boiled water for 10mins until tender.
- Refresh under cold water. Drain
- Cook the beans for 2 mins, draw and add to beetroot and potatoes, mint and almonds. Mentally toss until all mixed properly. Mix the mustard and lemon with salt and pepper for the dressing and pour over.
- Drain the chicken and fry for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown.
Herby Salmon and Crushed New Potatoes
2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, parsley and thyme)
The rind of one lime
2tbsp virgin olive oil
1 salmon fillet
200g salad potatoes
1 garlic clove crushed
2 spring onions sliced
100g green beans
Salt and cracked pepper
- Mix together half the herbs with the lime and 1 tbsp olive oil and use to coat the fish.
- Place the potatoes of lightly salted water to boil for 10 mins until tender. Then add the beans to cook for a further 10 mins.
- After 10 mins heat 1tbsp of the oil in a frying pan, add the fish and fry for 2-3 mins on each side.
- Drain the potatoes and coarsely crush with remaining oil and herbs with the garlic and seasoning.
- Pile the potatoes and veg on a plate and serve immediately topped with the fish.